Thursday, March 03, 2011

Make and Mingle

About a year ago, through the Westport Young Womens League, I discovered a hidden treasure in Fairfield called Make and Mingle. I'm pretty positive that I've mentioned it before. I tell everyone about them! Its a shop dedicated to all things crafty. There are fantastic fabrics from all of my favorite designers, sewing classes, ribbons, buttons, hand made items, the list just goes on. Anyway, I was over there a while back talking with Alexcia, the lovely and super creative owner about my favorite subject...yarn and fiber....what else! She mentioned that she was thinking of ordering the new Amy Butler yarn as it would go well with the fabric that she already stocks. Being a knitter herself, she wanted have some yarn around the shop.  


Here it is, the colors are lovely.





Its called Amy Butler Belle Organic DK, 50% wool and 50% cotton. 





I used it to make a pair of  Saarjtes Booties. They are awaiting buttons from Alexcia. I'll be bringing them over today. 





If you are interested in knitting classes at M&M, you can contact Alexcia. I'll be the teacher!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

those booties are adorable!!! came to you from Major Jennifer's blog
I love the Major!